Thanks for all your lovely comments to yesterdays post! So glad that you are digging the new blog name :-)
Yesterday I made up a batch of my home made almond milk and now that I have some raw cacao I thought it would be fun to make some raw chocolate almond milk! I had some for breakfast with fresh strawberries, Bear Coco Cherry Pie Granola and brown rice puffs plus a vanilla coffee:
This was so good – kind of reminded me of coco pops!
Lunch was leftover wheat berry and feta salad from the weekend with baby spinach and alfalfa sprouts:
I also had a nectarine and grapes:
Mid afternoon I snacked on half a 9 Bar. I didn’t go for the full bar as when I ate the full size last week it felt a bit heavy in my stomach while I was at the gym:
At the gym I did 30 minutes of HIITs and my abs and core exercises including a 1 min 45 sec plank (!), 40 sec side planks then 20 x full sit ups, bicycle crunches, regular crunches, side reaches and mountain climbers x 2 sets. I also did my 30 minute spin class.
Dinner was spiralised courgette with spelt spinach tagliatelle and a tomato and green lentil sauce with garlic, basil and nutritional yeast:
So delicious and filling!
Dessert was two frozen chocolate avocado cups topped with a little blob of almond butter and two sliced apples:
The almond butter tasted great with these, got to love all those healthy fats!
February review and aims for March
February has been a bit of a funny month. It started with some controversy after I posted about my January detox and continued weight loss. I responded with my Finding Balance post. My aim this month was not to lose any more weight and I’m glad to report that I have maintained last months weight of 8st 11lbs (123lbs). I did have a sneaky weigh in mid month and I had gained a couple of pounds probably due to eating out a few times but obviously by the end of the month that has dropped off again.
I have tried to make an effort to eat a little differently including adding in a few more carbs. I’ve ate more pasta and couscous this month than I have in the last year! I’m not going to lie, I have found it difficult and I am still struggling with anxiety when the numbers on the scale increase. I think the more I focus on health over size and weight the better. Next month will see me doing more running and therefore fuelling myself better along with having a crazy appetite after runs so I do hope to see a gain.
Anyway, with all that aside it has been a good month! My training plan has worked well for me and dropping the yoga class mid month was definitely the right thing to do. I have also enjoyed my dumbbell workouts – I’m very happy with the definition in my arms and shoulders:
Yes, I have some mini guns ;-) I feel a bit weird posting pics of my little muscles but I’ve worked hard for them!
- Maintained weight
- Gained muscle definition
- Started running outdoors again
- Signed up for Diet and Nutrition Advisor course
- Changed blog name :-)
Next month I’m looking to increase my outdoor running mileage in preparation for starting a proper half marathon training plan, start body pump classes and work yoga into my general routine. Here’s a rough plan, but as always this is flexible depending upon circumstances, how I’m feeling, work commitments etc:
- Monday – gym workout: 30 min HIITs, 30 min spin, abs and core
- Tuesday – AM – Yoga Podcast (20 min), PM – Body Pump 50 min
- Wednesday – gym workout: 30 min speed work on treadmill, 30 min HIITs, abs and core
- Thursday – AM – Yoga flow from Slim, Calm, Sexy Yoga (20 min), PM gym upper body dumbbell workout, 20 minutes HIITs
- Friday – AM – gym workout 30 min HIITs, abs and core
- Weekend – Long outdoor run – working up from current 6 miles to 8 miles, optional yoga DVD workout
I’m just going to focus on upper body weights in addition to the body pump class as now that I’ll be back to running seriously I don’t want to max out my legs.
Stats for February:
- Weight: 8st 11lbs
- Measurements same as last month
- Average pace on long runs: 9.45
- Total mileage (outdoors): 18 miles
Aims for March:
- Gain or maintain weight
- Continue working towards my overall 2011 goals
- Focus on health over weight or size
- More outdoor running
- Learn to meditate – more on this to follow in a coming post!
- Increase my plank and side plank hold times (currently 1 min 45 sec / 40 sec)
How has February been for you? What have you achieved? What are your aims for March?