This month has been pretty great!
- I went to NYC and had a wonderful time!
- Achieved my first ever sub 2 hour half marathon – increasing my distance and speed:
- Completed 4 assignments for my Diet and Nutrition Advisors Course, and passed them all!
- Started to refocus on my grocery spending:
- Stuck to my training plan
- Welcomed my May Sponsors and ran an awesome giveaway!
Its been such a great month, I feel like I have achieved so much and my trip to NYC was just fantastic, I had such a great time!
Here’s a few things I’ve been pondering this month:
Yet again, my thoughts turn to weight maintenance! This month I lost a lb (FYI: losing weight is no longer a goal for me – see this post for more background on this) but since the end of January apart from a lb up or down I have stayed the same which is excellent and tells me I must be on the right track! I’m also feeling at my strongest and healthiest ever! I know there’s a lot more to things than the number on the scale and the only reason I’ve been weighing myself once a month is because its the easiest way to check that I’m not losing any more. In fact I feel like I’m getting to the point of being able to ditch them all together.
One area I do need to watch is making sure I eat enough when doing these longer runs. I don’t tend to feel anymore hungry than usual even though I know I need to eat more to make sure that I don’t lose anymore weight. If your a long distance runner, how do you manage your calorie intake? Or do you just wing it / listen to your body?
One thing that has really hit home this month is how different my running training has been this year compared to last year. At this point in my training last year I was injured and feeling sorry for myself. Even when I had been on form I was slower and seemed to suffer from a lot more aches, pains and blisters! I am amazed at how well my body recovers after my longer runs this time round! I’m sure doing yoga on a more regular basis is helping with this :-)
Goals for June:
- Continue my running ready for my 10k in July and the Great North Run Half Marathon in September. I’m now looking to maintain the good form I am enjoying right now. I think I’ll probably look to continue my 3 weekly runs: a treadmill run, a mid distance (6-7 miles) hills / tempo / rest run and a weekend long run with my distance moving between the 9 – 13.1 mile range.
- Continue with last months training plan, possibly changing up my interval training a bit and trying to structure my resistance training more
- Continue to complete assignments for my diet and nutrition advice course
- Keep an eye on making sure my calorie intake is adequate
- Continue with my grocery budgeting!
I am extra excited to be able to offer Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish readers an exclusive discount offer for Goodness Direct. To save £10 and receive free delivery on orders over £35 simply click this link and then use code ‘32234339’ at the checkout. I am a big fan of Goodness Direct for sourcing a lot of the harder to find products I often rave about here on the blog, check them out! There’s also a discount code for iHerb in the links on the right, another online store I love!
How was your May? What are your plans for June?