Well this has been one hell of a year! I’ve achieved more than I ever imagined and have changed in so many ways. We did have a couple of nail biting moments for example when James lost his job, but other than that its all been good! I think my relationship with food and the weight maintenance thing has been tested, but I feel like I’m starting to get a handle on it! Without getting on the scales (I haven’t weighed myself in over a month – result!) I think I’m pretty much the same weight I was this time last year :-)
I blogged my aims for December and my aims for 2011 and although I haven’t achieved everything on those lists – I’ve achieved most of them and I also feel like I’ve achieved lots of additional things too!
Just to remind myself how truly awesome 2011 has been here’s a quick recap!
- My second nephew Daniel was born
- Attended the Special K bloggers event
- Became ‘mostly’ vegan
- Bought a new car – my little Peugeot 107!
- Went to New York in May after James won the trip in a competition!
- Got my plank hold time up to 2 minutes 50 seconds
- Met up with a bunch of great ladies in Manchester:
- Started studying for a qualification in Diet and Nutrition Advice
- Managed to do a full push up (I can do 10 now!)
- Went to Kendal Calling as a blogger with Alpro Soya:
- Started to experiment with raw foods
- Did the Great North 10k in 49.57:
- Did the Great North Run (after being injured and falling over during the race!) in 1hr 52 minutes:
- Had my first article featured on the Viva Pure blog – Eating Raw Made Easy!
- Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish featured on Channel 4 Food and Beauty Websites
- Featured in Healthy Magazine as a Healthy Hero
- Sorted my finances out on my second Big Budget Challenge!
- Had a great Christmas!
What I ate 2011
I ate some of the best food of my life this year. Since I decided to start eating a mostly plant based diet I’ve enjoyed so many amazing foods!
What I wore 2011
One of the big motivating factors in my weight loss journey has always been fashion. I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin now and although I’m no slave to fashion I do think that I’m figuring out my own style – which is what the ‘getting stylish’ thing has always been about!
My 2012 wish list!
- Have lots fun – and have an amazing 30th Birthday in August!
- Maintain a healthy weight without anguish
- Continue to exercise consistently
- Enjoy experimenting with healthy foods and eating in a balanced way that is good for my body and soul
- Complete the Great North Run for the third time
- Get a half sleeve tattoo done
- Keep my finances in good check
- Make my first meal with veggies I have grown myself on my new allotment
- Set up my Community Interest Company and start delivering healthy living programmes / holistic health coaching with communities
Although I have maintained my weight this year I have gone down and then back up again. It took me some time to get my head around the fact that achieving the lowest possible number on the scale was actually not right for me. My aim for next year is to be able to maintain a healthy weight again, but without the anguish I’ve experienced this year.
I also want to get my half sleeve tattoo done! Again, another thing I wanted to do once I’d lost weight was to get a bigger tattoo done and I think I’ve finally decided on the design I’d like. I just need to save up for it!
The really scary thing for me on that list is the last one. I’ve hinted a bit that this is what I’d like to do, but putting it out there on my list for everyone to see makes it more real some how. I have no illusions on how tough its going to be but my current work contract ends in September and I’m determined to give it my best shot! I’ll probably blog a lot more on this in the future as things progress!
As this is my last post for 2011 I’d just like to say a huge big thank you to everyone that takes the time to read and comment on the blog. It means more to me than you can imagine, I’m so grateful I have this space to be able to share my passions with such wonderful people. I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve and an amazing 2012!
How was 2011 for you? What’s on your wish list for 2012?