So I have just about survived the first full week back to work! Getting up these past few mornings has been quite tough after the lie ins of the Christmas and New Year break, but this morning I did have a little bit of added help, more on that to come next week!
As I mentioned on Wednesday its been great to get back to some sort of routine. I’ve enjoyed working out in the morning before work three times this week. Fuelling up with blended coffee has definitely helped:
This one from this morning had cacao butter in it. So creamy!
This weeks workouts:
- Sat & Sun – REST
- Monday – Gym – 5 minutes warm up, plank, LiveFit amended workout – chest, triceps, back, biceps, 10 minutes bike (50 minutes total)
- Tuesday – plank, MTV Yoga DVD
- Wednesday – Gym – 5 minutes warm up, plank, LiveFit amended workout – Legs, calves, shoulders, abs, 10 minutes bike (50 minutes total)
- Thursday – MTV Power Yoga DVD (forgot plank, but plenty of bloody planks in the DVD anyway!)
- Friday – Gym – 5 minutes warm up, random strength workout (squats, deadlifts, lunges, chest press, shoulder press, rows etc), plank, 10 minutes bike (50 minutes total)
I have been enjoying doing the workouts from LiveFit, in my own way of course. I am not following the nutrition plan, but it is just good to have some structure to follow with strength training, even if I do change it to suit me! I have also been trying to remember to do a plank with each workout (the plank a day idea died a death last weekend!) and so far not too bad!
I took this at 7.30 am this morning so excuse the gormless expression and sweat, but I am taking the odd selfie to remind myself that Christmas indulgences have not turned me into a giant blob! In fact just a week and a half back to normal – yet still including two parties – and I’m feeling good :-)
This week I have tried to plan my meals to keep me organised. I did pretty well and it certainly took some of the pressure off having to think about what to cook each evening:
I attempted a cauliflower pizza crust but it failed completely (due to me just winging it with measurements and ingredients and cooking in a pan rather than the oven) so I just crumbled it up, scrambled with some egg whites, peppers and courgette then popped on top of some spinach and added olives and cheese on top!
I guess you could call this a pizza scramble, sometimes you can turn a fail into a win!
Breakfasts post gym have been green smoothies, but then I’ve also had some tasty oats:
Oats with egg whites, blush pear, tahini and maple syrup. I’ve also had more eggs scrambled in a little ghee:
With satsumas on the side!
Lunches have been either lentil soup or a salad with chickpeas and snacks have been fruit and nuts. I did enjoy some treats at my best friends little girls birthday party on Wednesday evening – plenty of cookies and cake!
On the Love List this week…
This tea is amazing! Also…
Coaching my amazing clients with Uniquely Healthy – I feel like I’ve found my calling in life and I can’t express just how happy it makes me helping others through things that I’ve been through myself! // yoga – I’ve missed it over Christmas! // James still loving my more curvy body, and reminding me of that // cuddles with my best friends girls // my nephew’s 2nd birthday // making an effort and wearing new sales clothes for work // watching Girls
In case you missed it:
Lots of Giveaways!
- No 1 – Get Fit, Feel Epic! Chance to win a Fit Bit Activity Tracker and a set of scales that measure BMI and Body Fat %
- No 2 –Innocent Smoothies – chance to win 2 month supply of smoothies
- No 3 –Popchips – chance to win 12 share bags of Popchips
I posted about detoxing without trying over on Uniquely Healthy
How has the first full week of 2013 been for you? What’s on your Love List this week?