Yey for the 1st of February! January was good, but I’m always glad to put that month behind me, spring seems much closer now :-) This week has been pretty good, we had some IT issues at work so I’ve worked from home a bit, but I’ve also had a couple of late night meetings too. I’m off today and James and I have fun plans for this evening so its all good!
When we went shopping in Newcastle last weekend I picked up some jalapenos:
My best friend loves jalapenos and when I was at her house a couple of weeks ago I got quite the taste for them! I loved the packaging on this tin :-) I mixed some in with a simple minced beef in tomato sauce and topped with avocado:
Well they were so hot they almost blew my head off! But very delicious all the same. I’m thinking of making this kind of thing again at the weekend, yum!
Other tasty eats from this week include roasted veggies. On Monday night I did a massive roast up of squash, sweet potatoes, brussels and cauliflower. I had some leftover from Monday nights dinner and ate them at work before a meeting with Boursin garlic and herb cheese crumbled on top:
This was so good I had it again last night! That garlic and herb cheese is just gorgeous and works really well with the roast veggies for a simple meal.
As I had roasted up a massive squash I’ve been eating it all week. I had some for breakfast in a scramble with cinnamon topped with loads of almond butter:
A nice alternative to the pumpkin I would usually use. I made one of the roasted sweet potatoes into a smoothie:
I’m still going strong with the blended coffee every morning as a way of getting lots of fats into my diet. I ran out of coconut oil so I thought I might as well give the original bullet proof butter blended coffee a try:
I blended 1 tbsp of butter with 2 cups of brewed coffee and a few drops of vanilla stevia. It tasted fab! Not as good as the coconut oil and cacao butter but nice all the same!
As I mentioned in Wednesday’s post I have been drinking chicken bone broth for the nutrients. I’ve found a nice simple way to spice it up is to blend it with Thai red curry paste and coconut milk:
I had some with roast chicken and an apple as another pre late meeting ‘dinner’ at work.
Workouts this week…
- Weekend – REST
- Monday – Gym workout, 5 min cross trainer, LiveFit inspired workout legs, back, biceps, 10 min bike
- Tuesday – Random yoga (me just messing about on the mat) about 20 minutes before work
- Wednesday – Gym workout, 5 min cross trainer, LiveFit inspired workout chest, triceps, shoulders, 10 min bike
- Thursday – MTV Power Yoga DVD
- Friday – Gym workout, 5 min cross trainer, LiveFit inspired workout abs, legs, back, biceps, 10 min bike
Very happy with my workouts right now, and if the DOMS I’ve had all week are anything to go by those strength training workouts are doing their job!
On the Love List this week…
I was very kindly sent a couple of parcels this week, firstly a healthy living goodie bag from Jamie on behalf of Confused.com – the pack was full of some great goodies and tools to encourage long term healthy living rather than going for a fad diet. The wellness journal is such a great idea, thanks Jamie! I was also over the moon to be sent one of the new Nutribox for review. This is just amazing, full of so many healthy treats! I have a full review and a giveaway coming up soon! Also…
When James goes off and researches what music I might like and finds the albums for the best price for me, I think its so sweet! // listening to Bowie, love him! // Yeo Valley full fat yoghurt // the beautiful moon // the snow melting // looking at my old progress card at the gym and reminding myself of how far I’ve come
- The winner of the Get Fit, Feel Epic Competition is Lisa! I loved her Get Fit, Feel Epic Post, congrats!
- The winner of the Andrex Washlets competition is Claire from Flake and Cake!
- Last but not least the winners of the Evernote premium giveaway are: 1 year premium – Joy Hale and Lexi, 3 month premium - Raquel, Grace, Lauren and Katie
Can everyone please drop me an email at email@example.com with your address and I’ll get your prizes posted out!
In case you missed it:
- Recipe for Cranberry, Orange and Coconut Sherbet Smoothie
- My thoughts on Paleo and some book reviews
- My healthy shopping trolley over at Uniquely Healthy
- How my January has been and a few little goals for February
How has your week been? What’s on your Love List? Do you like jalapenos and hot spices?