New winter coats, gingerbread and kale smoothies

by Laura Agar Wilson on November 3, 2013

in weekend

P1150102

Happy Sunday everyone, hope you are having a great weekend so far! I’ve had a lovely weekend, which was extra nice after the meh one last week! On Friday I was in Newcastle for a client meeting so took the opportunity to hit the monthly farmers market again:

P1150079

I used that kale to make the green smoothie pictured above. Just frozen banana, kale and almond milk. It reminded me why I love green smoothies so much! I also got some bones from the butcher and have some bone broth in the slow cooker right now. It’s been ages since I’ve made some bone broth and I’ve felt a strange craving for it to add to soups and stews. While I was in town I also had a sneaky look in the sales and found this gorgeous dress from Oasis:

P1150126

It was just £15 and looks hot on me even if I say so myself! The gathering on the sides is good for skimming over my bumpy bits! I also got a new coat:

P1150120

I had been after a Warehouse one, but when I tried it on I wasn’t sure how well it would work with the rest of my wardrobe. This is from Sainsburys, was much cheaper than the Warehouse one and had 25% off. They only had it in a UK 14 so it’s a little bit big, but should be handy for wearing thick jumpers underneath!

When we woke up yesterday I was surprised at how cold it was, there was even a frost on the ground! I made some oats without the oats – just my usual pumpkin scramble with an egg and egg whites but with added almond milk to make it more creamy:

P1150108

I topped it with peanut butter and dried cranberries, delicious! I also decided to bake some of my healthy gingerbread cake:

P1150139

This has to be one of my fave recipes on the blog, it is so perfectly moist and gingery! I had a square with some apple, yoghurt and home made raw salted caramel sauce:

P1150118

The raw salted caramel sauce is amazing! I’ll have to post the recipe soon. I’ve also been eating yummy salads:

P1150115

I’m loving beetroot at the moment, this also included mackerel, olives, jalapeños and balsamic. For dinner I made fabulous beef burgers with roast kabocha and roast cauliflower and brussels:

P1150104

Then last nights dinner was my Harissa chickpeas and courgettes with lemon tahini sauce:

P1150130

Simple but yummy!

Other than a bit of baking and cooking I’ve been cracking on with work and cleaning the flat. My Mam and Dad called round as well which was lovely :-) To relax last night I had treated myself to some magazines to read:

P1150141

There are some great recipe ideas in the Jamie magazine, it got me all excited for Christmas food!

How has your weekend been so far? Are you planning on buying a new winter coat?

photo greenfb_zps43614d81.png photo greentwit_zps439f43de.png photo greeninsta_edited-1_zpsa62b54b7.png photo greenpin_zps9b9921b9.png photo greenrss_zpsb71630f6.png photo greenyoutube_edited-1_zps741514fc.png photo greentumb_zps8c4ce466.png

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

Cat November 3, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Yum! I have such a craving for gingerbread now…
Cat recently posted..Cat Links #4My Profile

Laura November 4, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Gingerbread is always good!

Jessie November 3, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I could so go for a slice of that gingerbread cake. it sounds delicious. Going to check the recipe out now =)
Jessie recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cornbread MuffinsMy Profile

Laura November 4, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Thanks Jessie, it is so simple to make and tastes fab!

sonja@vesenmork November 3, 2013 at 2:42 pm

wow, that scramble surely looks like a bowl of oats. Lovely dress and coat, but I thought you just got a new one? that beautiful grey one. Oh well, you gotta love variety ;)
sonja@vesenmork recently posted..Instablog #3: October 2013My Profile

Laura November 3, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Oh yep, haha I almost forgot about that coat! The grey one is a woollen one, more like a cardigan really, so would not be warm enough in the proper winter. Plus I just like buying lots of clothes ;-P

Maria @ runningcupcake November 3, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Yum that gingerbread cake looks so good :)
I bought a new coat last year so I probably won’t get another one this year. I am on the lookout for some boots for work, as the pair I wear most days are coming to the end of their life- I think they have lasted about 4 years though so not bad!
Maria @ runningcupcake recently posted..Cute clothes!My Profile

Laura November 4, 2013 at 8:39 pm

4 years isn’t bad at all! That has made me wonder what the oldest item of clothing I own is. I’m sure it must be shoes of some kind!

LilyLipstick November 3, 2013 at 10:45 pm

I need to try the oats without the oats! Love the new coat you bought too. x
LilyLipstick recently posted..SmithsMy Profile

Laura November 4, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I was actually quite surprised by how good it was, it really does have a similar texture to oats!

Claire @ Flake and Cake November 4, 2013 at 6:34 am

That dress is so pretty, bet it does look lovely on you! Glad to hear everything picked up :) I’ve been buying lots of magazines recently for some recipe inspiration, so fun around Christmas time! And please post that raw salted caramel, it sounds insanely good!
Claire @ Flake and Cake recently posted..Eats and FeatsMy Profile

Laura November 4, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Thanks Claire! I think you’ll like the sound of the raw salted caramel!

Lauren (@PoweredbyPB) November 4, 2013 at 10:54 am

I need to get a new winter coat this year, I’ve had mine for a few years and it’s still fine but I think a new one would be nice. Hope you had a good weekend!
Lauren (@PoweredbyPB) recently posted..I Love RunningMy Profile

Laura November 4, 2013 at 8:47 pm

You can get them so reasonably priced now I think it’s not too bad to treat yourself to a new one!

Christina November 4, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Everything looks SO YUMMY! And I love the dress you found in Oasis – such a bargain!
Christina recently posted..For all of November in most of OctoberMy Profile

Laura November 4, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Thanks Christina, it’s a lovely dress, just need the occasion to wear it!

Tamzin November 5, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I desperately need a winter coat but just can’t find the right one, the mission continues!

This post reminds me I need to make a ginger cake sooner rather then later!
Tamzin recently posted..A New Banner and Lots MoreMy Profile